Laptop Charging Port Repair
The charging port is the most vulnerable part of any laptop. It can fail at the slightest physical impact. The only way to fix it is to contact the service center.
Qualified Laptop Charging Port Repair
Any of the factors listed below is a wake-up call that you should pay attention to. They signal a problem with the charging port.
- The laptop does not charge at all.
- The charging indicator goes out when you change the position of the gadget.
- The laptop periodically does not see charging.
To remedy the situation, try replacing the charger. It did not help? So it’s the charging port. Come to us, we will fix it!
Entrust The Replacement Of the Laptop Charging Port to Us
The main goal of the Repairs Bay Service Center is to provide customers with the highest quality service. Therefore, we strictly observe a few rules.
- We work in the shortest possible time.
- Diagnostics is free.
- Only original spare parts.
- Full protection of the personal data of clients.
If you have questions about laptop charging port replacement, you can always contact us by phone or visit the service center in Brooklyn.
What happens if your charging port is damaged?
The charging port is one of the most used connectors in a laptop. Moreover, it is also one of the most “loaded”, because, in addition to mechanical loads, it withstands heating from the current. Therefore, a breakdown of the charging port may affect the motherboard.
Also, if the charging port is damaged, it may:
– Cause short circuits. In this case, disconnect the charging cable as soon as possible and do not attempt to charge the laptop as it may be irreparably damaged.
– Cause the gadget to stop. If the charging port is not working, the battery will gradually discharge and eventually, the gadget will turn off completely.
The solution to the problem is to replace the charging port with a new one in a reliable service center.
How can I charge my laptop with a broken charging port?
Sometimes the cause of charging problems lies in the power supply. This may be a damaged plug or wire, or the unit itself may not work. Then the problem is quite easy to solve. You just need to change the charger. In any case, we advise you to bring your laptop to the workshop along with the power supply.
If the charging port is damaged, do not try to charge the gadget. Otherwise, a short circuit may occur and you will have to restore the charging unit and the motherboard. Take your laptop to a service center right away.
Can a laptop charging port be fixed?
There are two ways to repair the charging port:
1) Micro soldering of the port. This restores contact between the connector and the motherboard, but this method is absolutely useless in case of mechanical damage to the connector itself.
2) Laptop charging port replacement. In this case, the old connector is completely removed from the board and a new, similar one is inserted in its place.
Soldering a port from a laptop board is not as easy as it might seem at first glance.
Therefore, immediately contact professionals who can perform high-quality microsoldering, which is necessary during laptop charging port repair.
Is it expensive to fix a charging port?
Prices for repair work depend on the laptop model (the charging port can be soldered into the motherboard or made as a separate module) and the cost of the connector itself. We inform the client of the exact price after a free diagnostic of the gadget.
|Service Name||Estimated Price (from)||Warranty||Time|
|Laptop Charging Port Replacement or Repair||$80||30 days||1 hr|